Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
Places to stay near campus
• AmeriSuites has been a popular overnight destination for OSU football fans over the last nine years. There are two AmeriSuites locations in the Columbus area - Worthington (846-4355, at Interstate 270 and Route 23 North) and Dublin (799-1913, at I-270 and Tuttle Crossing, exit 15) - and both hotels are located in entertainment centers within walking distance to many fine restaurants.
The spacious suites feature a bedroom area, a living room area with a queen-size sofa sleeper and a kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave. As an added value, a complimentary deluxe Continental breakfast buffet is served each morning in the lobby area.
Both AmeriSuites locations are offering a football package for all the OSU home games. Guests will enjoy overnight accommodations and free breakfast for an affordable rate of $89 plus tax based upon availability. For reservations, call AmeriSuites Worthington at 846-4355, or call the Dublin location at 799-1913, or visit www.amerisuites.com on the Internet.
• Located in German Village and the Brewery District just south of downtown, the Best Western Clarmont Inn & Suites is a convenient, centrally located hotel that caters to the professional traveler. The Clarmont has 60 brand-new rooms and minisuites starting at $79 plus tax that offer cable TV and HBO, plus high-speed Internet in every room, and an outdoor heated pool. Additionally, a fax, copier and data phones are available.
The Clarmont, at 650 S. High St., is within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants and only minutes from OSU. Nearby attractions include the state capitol, Veterans Memorial Coliseum and the Columbus Convention Center. For reservations call 228-6511 or (800) 528-1234.
• Fans coming in from the West will enjoy the easy access afforded by Best Western Suites Columbus-West (870-2378 or 888-870-2378), located off Hilliard-Rome Road at I-70. The 66 spacious guest suites (including two Presidential suites) feature a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, living area, television and video player, hair dryer and a small kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker. There are also several suites with personal whirlpool baths/Jacuzzis.
Relax in the heated indoor pool with spa, sauna, fitness center and sun patio, or take advantage of the guest movie rentals.
• For easy access to the university and Port Columbus International Airport, it's hard to beat the Columbus Airport Hotels. The airport is just a few minutes from downtown and a short drive to campus, and it's also a quick jaunt to the restaurants, shops and entertainment of Easton or the Arena District. All of the hotels offer great tailgate packages, with rates ranging from $84-$114 plus tax. Included are:
Hilton Garden Inn (231-2869).
Concourse Hotel & Conference Center (237-2515).
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites (237-6360).
Hampton Inn (235-0717).
Baymont Inn and Suites(237-3403)
Enjoy complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport terminal, free parking and complimentary access to the Concourse Spa & Fitness Club.
• Fans flying into Columbus can stay at the Columbus Airport Marriott (475-7551 or 800 491-5717), which offers a full-service fitness center, whirlpool, sauna and the RiverCity Grille & Lounge. All 228 guest rooms and 21 suites have high-speed wireless Internet, access phones, voice mail, in-room coffeemakers, irons and an ironing board, cable TV, on-demand movies and new Revive bedding. Columbus Airport Marriott is the closest full-service Marriott to downtown Columbus, Port Columbus International Airport and Easton Town Center. It is located at 1375 N. Cassidy Ave. in Columbus.
Convenient highway access greets guests at the Columbus Marriott Northwest (791-1000 or 800 228-9290) in Dublin. Located just off I-70 at 5605 Blazer Memorial Parkway, this hotel offers OSU fans quick access to everything Columbus has to offer, including the OSU campus. The Marriott offers a full-service fitness center, a pool and the RiverCity Grille & Lounge. All 303 guest rooms and six suites have high-speed wireless Internet access, phones, voice mail, in-room coffeemakers, cable TV, on-demand movies and new Revive bedding.
• For great amenities tucked away just minutes from Ohio State, check out the Columbus Marriott North (885-1885 or 800 228-3429). Situated at 6500 Doubletree Ave. in Columbus, the Marriott North is within 15 minutes of all major dining, entertainment and shopping venues, and just five minutes from Polaris Fashion Place Mall. All 300 guestrooms are equipped with an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, complimentary in-room coffee and in-room pay movies. There is also an indoor-outdoor pool, whirlpool, gift shop featuring Starbucks Coffee, business center, restaurant and lounge. Each room is "Wired for Business," which includes Internet access and all domestic phone calls for one daily fee.
The hotel is ideal for conventions and social functions, with just under 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space that can accomodate groups ranging from 10 to 1,000 people.
• With $20 million in newly completed renovations, The Columbus, a Renaissance Hotel will delight guests with the expressive decor, savvy service and luxurious comforts they would expect from Renaissance. Located at 50 N. Third Street, just five minutes from the Ohio State campus, The Columbus is also near the state capitol and close to popular museums, theaters and attractions. It delights groups as well as business and leisure travelers with a masterpiece of design and distinction. Amenities are many, including high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. For recreation, indulge in a leisurely swim in our seasonal rooftop pool, complete with a fabulous city view. The inviting and welcoming atmosphere, in addition to 22,500 square feet of indoor and 11,000 square feet of outdoor function space, features every amenity guests could want. For more information visit www.renaissancecolumbus.com.
• Convenient and comfortable, the Comfort Inn Grove City (539-3500) is jus tsix miles from downtown Columbus and 10 miles from the Ohio State campus and stadium. Choose from 60 rooms, including 26 suites, and amenities including free deluxe Continental breakfast, free local phone calls, free weekday newspaper, a fitness center, indoor heated pool, sauna and sundeck. There is also high-speed wireless Internet and a business center on the premises. Located at 4197 Marlane Drive in Grove City, Comfort Inn is just off I-71 at Stringtown Road at exit 100.
• Located on the west side of Columbus in an area bustling with activity, the Comfort Suites in Hilliard is only a short drive from campus while being conveniently located near a wealth of restaurants, shopping centers and theaters. The studio suites include pull-out sofas, microwaves and coffeemakers, and guests can enjoy a complimentary Continental breakfast or make use of the hotel's indoor pool and spa.
The Comfort Suites is located at 3831 Park Mill Run Drive off I-270, exit 13. Call 529-8118 or (800) 228-5150 for reservations.
• For a touch of country hospitality in the heart of the city, visit Country Inn & Suites (853-1257), located off I-70 at Hilliard-Rome Road just west of downtown. Country Inn & Suites boasts all the comforts of home, with in-room coffeemaker, hair dryer, microwave, refrigerator, iron and board and high-speed Internet access.
After the excitement of the big game, curl up with a book from the hotel lending library, relax in the indoor pool or hot tub, or work off that tension in the exercise room. All guests enjoy a complimentary weekday copy of USA Today as well as a free light and healthy breakfast.
• Courtyard by Marriott in Dublin (764-9393), at 5175 Post Road, features king rooms with sofa-bed sleepers and two queen beds, as well as a business library with high-speed Internet access and an indoor pool with spa.
• Located in the heart of some of Columbus' most exciting neighborhoods - the Arena District, the Short North and downtown - the Crowne Plaza Hotel (461-4100 or 800-338-4462) offers a relaxing atmosphere, spacious guest rooms, fine service and amenities and well-equipped fitness facilities. Just minutes from the OSU campus, the Crowne Plaza is an ideal place to stay for Buckeye games and events.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is located at 33 E. Nationwide Boulevard.
• One of the best values under the sun, Days Inn (864-1280) is located at 2100 Brice Road, just off I-70 at exit 110B in Reynoldsburg. Days Inn is an award-winning hotel complete with all the latest amenities and near everything. Days Inn has received five sunbursts, and features free high-speed wireless Internet, free local phone calls, Abner's Restaurant, Milligan's Pub, a seasonal outdoor pool, meeting and banquet facilities for up to 200 people and a fitness center. Each room features a hair dryer, coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, irons and ironing boards and 25-inch color TVs with HBO.
• The Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU and Damon's Grill (267-1111 or 800-228-2800) are located at 3031 Olentangy River Road, just a stone's throw away from Ohio Stadium and the Schottenstein Center. Stay there and have two great establishments in one great location.
Choose from one of the hotel's 161 guest rooms, including 40 guest suites, all of which offer a full-size ironing board and iron, hair dryer, two phones with voice mail, data ports and free cable and HBO. All rooms now feature high-speed Internet access. The suites include a living room area with a pull-out sofa and second 32-inch television, five-CD stereo system, mini refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker.
Relax in the indoor pool and spa or work out in the exercise room. Each morning guests wake up to a free Continental breakfast. With a Damon's Grill restaurant on site, fans will never have to go far for great food or to check up on the latest score on one of the four large-screen TVs in the clubhouse. Visit their website at www.marriott.com/CMHSU.
• Meanwhile, the Hampton Inn & Suites (559-2000) is in the heart of Columbus' vibrant core at 501 N. High St. Located in the Arena District and just one mile south of the Ohio State campus, there is no shortage of activities nearby. Guests are greeted by a beautiful new rotunda, and amenities include in-room coffeemakers, irons and high-speed Internet, as well as 24-hour coffee service and a hot breakfast.
• Hawthorn Suites (853-6199 or 800-527-1133), located at 5505 Keim Circle in Columbus, offers maximum comfort in its 80 beautifully appointed one- and two-bedroom suites. All suites have a kitchen with mini-refrigerator and microwave. There is also an oversize work desk with two-line computer modem in each room as well as satellite TV and VCR with free HBO.
Treat yourself to one of the whirlpool suites that are also available. An exercise facility, heated indoor pool and whirlpool are at your disposal. A hot buffet breakfast is served daily and the hotel hosts a manager's reception on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
Hawthorn Suites is in proximity to the most frequented areas of the city: Campus and Ohio Stadium are 12 minutes away; downtown, including COSI and the Convention Center, is a 10-minute jaunt; and the famous Columbus Zoo is roughly 15 minutes away.
• Enjoy the comfort of 80 spacious rooms and suites at the absolute best value in the area. The Holiday Inn Express (920-2400), located at 4401 Hamilton Square Blvd. in Groveport, is conveniently located at the Hamilton Road exit off Route 33.
Guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast, indoor pool and whirlpool area complete with cardio fitness equipment. Two-room family suites are available, as are meeting facilities, and for that special occasion nine whirlpool suites are available with rate you'd expect to pay for a normal room in the downtown area. The hotel features laundry and dry cleaning services, mail and message services, complimentary newspapers for priority club members and a professional business center. Pets under 25 pounds are welcome, provided they remain attended at all times.
All rooms feature coffeemakers, dataports, irons and hairdryers and the hotel's new Smart Bedding collection, guaranteeing a restful sleep.
Only 20 minutes to downtown Columbus and under 30 minutes to Ohio Stadium. Holiday Inn Express has special football rates available, so call now.
• Buckeye fans looking for a "home away from home" will particularly enjoy Homewood Suites (428-8800 or 800-CALL-HOME), conveniently located near the Columbus airport at 2880 Airport Drive. All suites feature kitchens equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, stovetop and dishwasher. They also have complimentary high-speed Internet access, two-line speaker phones, spacious work area, two televisions, a VCR and more.
Enjoy a Suite Start pantry style breakfast before leaving for the game and the Welcome Home reception every Monday through Thursday with a complimentary light meal and beverages. Guests can enjoy all the dining and entertainment options just minutes away at the Easton Town Center. Homewood Suites is an easy drive to OSU but provides the convenience of staying near the airport.
• Easy highway access and plenty of dining options greet fans staying at the Howard Johnson (262-4000). In-room hairdryers, coffeemakers, voice mail, high-speed Internet and 24-hour coffee service are offered, as well as an outdoor, heated pool and expanded Continental breakfast.
The Howard Johnson, located at 887 Morse Road, is just five minutes away from campus on I-71. Numerous restaurants are nearby, including Bob Evans, Max & Erma's, McDonald's, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster.
• Just minutes away from Ohio State off I-71 at the Morse Road exit, the Midwest Hotel and Conference Center (846-0300) is convenient to much of what's happening in Columbus. The Midwest Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service, 264 rooms, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, restaurant, lounge and 24,000 square feet of versatile function space. The Midwest Hotel and Conference Center is located at 4900 Sinclair Road, and can be accessed at www.themidwesthotel.com.
• Enjoy all the comforts of home in the newly renovated Ramada Inn North Columbus (890-8111), located at 6767 Schrock Hill Ct., just off I-270 at the Cleveland Avenue exit. Under new management and ownership, the Ramada Inn North is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service as well as superior hotel accommodations.
All rooms are equipped with a mini-refrigerator/freezer, microwave, hairdryer and iron and ironing board. New Serta Sleeper mattresses ensure a good night's sleep, which will allow guests to enjoy all Columbus has to offer.
Whether in town for the big game or just visiting beautiful Columbus, you're invited to visit Ramada Inn North.
• With plenty to do and the best amenities, Residence Inn (791-0403) is your home away from home, whether overnight or for an extended stay. Located minutes from Ohio Stadium, Residence Inn features spacious studios and two-bedrooms with fireplaces and fully-equipped kitchens.
The Dublin location, at 435 Metro Place south, is near the Columbus Zoo and Tuttle Mall, is newly renovated and features phones with voicemail in every room.
Residence Inn Worthington (885-0799), at 7300 Huntington Park Dr., is also newly renovated and has an on-site fitness center and is moments away from the Marcus IMAX Theater and Restaurants at the Crosswoods.
Residence Inn Columbus North (431-1819) is just eight miles from Ohio State, located at 6191 Zumstein Drive, and features a large outdoor Sports Court and a 24/7 market for all of your food and amenity needs.
• TownePlace Suites (885-1557), located at 7272 Huntington Park Dr. near Worthington, is close to Easton Town Center and has free parking and free local phone calls.
• The Varsity Inn (291-2983), is just a stone's throw from the Horseshoe at 1445 Olentangy River Road and sits between the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe and Bob Evans. Plenty of other dining and shopping is within easy walking distance. Easily accessible from state Route 315, the hotel is just minutes from campus.
The Varsity Inn offers long-term stay suites, which include microwaves and refrigerators. All guests can enjoy the heated outdoor pool and in-room amenities such as high-speed wireless Internet, coffeemaker, ironing board and iron and a work area with a desk and chair. You can visit their website at www.varsityinn.com.
• The best-kept secret in Dublin is now revealing itself. The Woodfin Suites Hotel (800 433-9408), located just off I-270 at Sawmill Road, is close to all attractions, corporate offices and Ohio State. Easily accessible and containing some of the largest suites of any hotel in Columbus, the Woodfin Suites is the place for all OSU fans to congregate.
You'll look forward to the spacious suites - perfect for any group that visits the area, for any reason - that the Woodfin can provide. Families can split up and have children watch a complimentary movie in one section of the suite on their own TV and VCR while everybody else watches the game from the other section of the suite on a separate TV. Prepare snacks and beverages in your own full kitchen for the whole family to enjoy. After the game relax in the indoor spacious hot tub or the private clubhouse.
Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, DVD library, business center and more. To experience all that the Woodfin Suites has to offer, visit www.woodfinsuites.com/Dublin.
The biggest pre-game party on campus, Hineygate takes place in the front parking lot and you are walking distance from everything on campus. For more information or for reservations call 614.294.4848.
The Blackwell Hotel
Ohio State NEWS